Forum.

Derwent Res. S.C.

Wave Slam, T15, N.E.W.S & other North-East windsurfers events & messages

Derwent Res. S.C.

Unread postby DavidD » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:05 pm

Our last event of 2013 regional race series takes place over the weekend of 19 & 20th October at DRSC. Registration on Saturday starts from 11.45am and Sunday 10.00am.
If you have never tried windsurf conpetiton before this is an ideal first event with a good stretch of water, good facilities and a friendly welcoming club.
You don't have to have had any previous experience and as long as you can sail on all three of the basic points of sailing you can manage to get round a course. If you're new to racing or a club member who just wants to give it a try register in the "new to competiton" catergory. Raceboard, RS:X, Formula and Techno classes for the more experienced and junior / T15 sailors
DavidD

Re: Derwent Res. S.C.

Unread postby chrishair » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:35 pm

A few questions ? I am considering having a go.
Can you register on the day?
Do you have to do both days?
Is there a fee for DRSC members?
Are there restrictions on board and sail size (have a formula board I usually sail with a 8.5)
Ta Chris
Windsurf count- lost count in June
Equipment failures - 2
Wanted-
chrishair

Unread postby DavidD » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:20 pm

Hi Chris,
Answers to your questions as follows;
- yes you can register on the day, Saturday registration from about 11.30am to 12.45, Sunday 10.00am to 10.45
- no you don't need do both days. To get a result you need to complete a minimum of 3 races. We try to get in a minimum of 3 races per day so at least 6 in total over both days - its your best 3 results to count, so the more races you do the better the opportunity to disgard your worst results.
- there is a entry /registration fee payable to NEWS. NEWS then gives 50% of the registration fees to the host club and NEWS pays for and provides the event prizes with the remainder
- there is no restriction on board or sail size in the Formula class. Raceboard has a max. sail size of 9.5m, Techno
7.8m.

Cheers,
David.
DavidD

Unread postby Dickon » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:30 pm

hey chris. I hope you bring your A game... Im coming home just to join you :)
back home for about 2-3 weeks (hope for some wind)
gunna go surfing as much as possible before winter starts!
"Inspecting mirrors is a job that I could really see myself doing."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dickon

Return to Events