Forum.

Northumberland Wave Slam 2012 - Joe Thwaites

Wave Slam, T15, N.E.W.S & other North-East windsurfers events & messages

Northumberland Wave Slam 2012 - Joe Thwaites

Unread postby Glen » Thu May 10, 2012 5:40 pm

Early heads up to maximise participation!!

http://www.boardskillz.co.uk/windsurfin ... -wave-slam

First windy / wavey weekend after Easter (provided it doesn't clash with anything NEWS/SUP booking).

We already have interest from as far away as Aberdeen and South Yorkshire so lets hope more local windsurfers can make it this year! We may increase the number of categories to cater for less capable/different typessailors e.g. speed run / racing / freestyle at the Budle Bay or even Derwent (subject to interest from them)

We should be able to secure Budle Farm as a camping location (if we avoid school & bank holidays) which is well within staggerable distance from Bamburgh so there will definitely be scope to partake in BEERS!

I will endeavour to rustle up another fantastic prize fund that will be raffled off amongst all taking part so you don't have to win to walk off with a harness, wetsuit
etc.

Once again the event will be done on a cost recovery basis so we'd hope to keep entry fees below £40 which is still cheap for a 2 day event!

Obviously it's a lot organise so any volunteers happy to get involved with judging, on the day logistics etc please send me a PM or email to enquiries at boardskillz.co.uk.

If Gavin or anyone else skilled in the art of snapping or videoing could get involved we'd be really grateful as decent media is vital to help promote the event moving forward! We got some fantastic shots last time that did the rounds on Facebook ,Boards/Mpora and Boardseeker which gave a relatively small event some real kudos nationally.

Any local businesses interested in sponsoring the event in some shape or form drop me a line with what you have in mind. If anyone's feeling flush I dare say we could attract interest from a Pro fleet (with a decent prize fund) notching up the event's credibility and no doubt generating column inches in local/national media coverage.

I'll post again as a plan starts to take shape.

Session Count 2016:
Windsurf: 15 SUP: 11

Glen
Site Admin

Re: Northumberland Wave Slam 2012 - Joe Thwaites

Unread postby davegray » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:54 am

Is this still planned or did I miss something/it?
davegray

Re: Northumberland Wave Slam 2012 - Joe Thwaites

Unread postby Glen » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:06 pm

Still planned to go ahead we are just waiting for the right forecast. Joe Thwaites is the organiser so Im sure he will be along soon. It was cracking last year. Unfortunetly I was'nt sailing but I'll be a definate this year.

Session Count 2016:
Windsurf: 15 SUP: 11

Glen
Site Admin

Return to Events