Forum.

Club Funds

All things windsurfing!

Club Funds

Unread postby GavD » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:06 am

Any info on what state the club finances are at now. There was a discussion a while back as to what to do with them. I see there is a initiative at Bamburgh Golf Club to set up a live wind station, this would be a good sort of thing to get involved with, if there is any funds still around.
~ it's an art not a science ~
GavD

Re: Club Funds

Unread postby Steve Boyd » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:38 pm

There has been a post on Facebook that the kitesurfers have now set up a live weather feed from seahouses golf club. They have kindly let us know about it and we can use it also I have suggested possibly our club could make a donation towards its upkeep. It should be reasonably accurate for beadnell and mob, a good bonus. We did talk about this a while back but it never got much further, however this gives a good option for both locations we use,the kitesurfers have paid for this out of there subscriptions, perhaps we can make a donation also towards its upkeep, I think the club still had funds available at the last call?
Steve Boyd

Unread postby Glen » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:28 pm

I was thinking the same thing when I read the Facebook post about the live weather at Seahouses this morning. If there are funds there, I think we should at least offer a donation. I'm not sure who has access to the purse at the minute though?

Session Count 2016:
Windsurf: 15 SUP: 11

Glen
Site Admin

Unread postby GavD » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:28 pm

I think Tony Champion might be in the know, or Steve C. Last I remember there was talk of donating to the RNLI and Coquet Shore Base Trust.
GavD

Unread postby stevec » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:03 pm

Hi fellas.I recieved the annual bank statement this week. I am very keen for the 'club' to utilise the funds and previously suggested a weather station at Bamburgh (or elsewhere), or a donation to RNLI or local youth windsurfing club such as coquet shorebase. Peter and Tony planned to meet following the suggestions but I haven't heard from them. My understanding was that there were legal issues which Peter had raised but I am not sure exactly what they were.
stevec

Unread postby GavD » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:26 pm

Cheers Steve, keep us informed. My preference would be to spend the money on live wind/weather stations followed by/or donations to RLNI and/or Coquet Shore Base. If the club is to be wound up and legal machinations have to place then we should hold an AGM and elect new officers to start afresh.
GavD

Return to General Discussion