Forum.

club funds

All things windsurfing!

Re: club funds

Unread postby richie » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:45 pm

I like the idea of sponsoring clubs too (I'd suggest Derwent, seeing as that's the lake that the largest portion of NWC sailors use regularly). Maybe buy some kit or something.

Given that we lost one of our own just over a year ago, I think some form of donation to the RNLI is also appropriate though.
richie

Unread postby DavidD » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:56 am

Any further developments or thoughts on use of remaining funds - what ae the next steps in making a decision? Tony did you have a word with Peter re legality of any future action?
DavidD

Unread postby stevec » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:39 pm

Tony and I have contacted Peter. We plan to meet up for a pint so Peter can explain what to do regarding legal aspects.
stevec

Unread postby GavD » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:12 pm

I don't see a safe mechanism for retaining the funds for ourselves without a proper legal club structure, i.e. appointed officer, constitution, AGM's etc ad nauseam. The club was always originally associated with SE Northumberland, and was formerly known as Druridge Bay Watersports Club (Ladyburn Lake) and Wansbeck Boardsailing Club (QE2 Lake,where it was born) so I think the funds must stay local. The obvious successor, being similar in what we used to do, ie. promoting the sport and encouraging novices would deffo be Coquet Shore Base Trust, who, added bonus, also have charitable status and now have a permanent base at Ladyburn Lake.

Regarding reaching a decision on this, it has to be down to the most recent officers, there is no membership to consult and a democratic vote of interested parties would not be valid in my opinion, My preference would be to split it between RNLI (Amble) and Coquet Shore Base Trust. CSBT on the grounds of a local SE N'land organisation doing very similar stuff to what we used to do as a club, and RNLI because this would be the most relevant service/function that the regular current sailors of today would most benefit from. Quite happy as a past secretary and chairman to attend any informal meetings to discuss further.
~ it's an art not a science ~
GavD

Previous

Return to General Discussion