Forum.

selset resevoir

All things windsurfing!

selset resevoir

Unread postby petehep » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:03 pm

Anyone interested interested in sailing and forming some form of club Teesdale sailing club are looking for windsurfers to use selset they sail on grassholme the reservoir below , so we would have sole use of the reservoir I have windsurfed on it lots of times westerly of any sort are very good a long reach in front dam and it catches wind when no we're else does it can be used at anytime no restriction as long as two at time the only down side is it can be bleak and cold due to the height it's at any interest let me know
Cheers Pete
petehep

Re: selset resevoir

Unread postby chrishair » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:08 pm

Happy new year pete, have a late Christmas present( ........,,,,,?!;: ) ;) Would have to drive past Derwent to get there, so would never be a regular . Doesn't mean I wouldn't give it a try or come for a event.
Windsurf count- lost count in June
Equipment failures - 2
Wanted-
chrishair

Re: selset resevoir

Unread postby Bizzle » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:46 am

Sailed it a few times Pete. Not a bad location and like you say a canny reach in front of the dam in a westerly. Not sure I have big enough kit nowadays as I was rocking 115L Rocket and 6.5m last time I was up there. Presumably it's further than Derwent from Newcastle, which is usually the call if the coast looks marginal or is too rowdy?
Beginner / Intermediate Windsurf Tuition / No1 SUP School
Selling ex demo 8'4'' Loco for £650 & 12'6'' Race Tourer for £950 with bag
SUP Package deals from £799 Check out the full range at www.loco-sup.com
07779 127230
Bizzle

Return to General Discussion