Forum.

Fin size to learn freestyle on a FSW?

All things windsurfing!

Re: Fin size to learn freestyle on a FSW?

Unread postby Mark J » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:37 pm

Just out of interest, is anybody selling a relatively recent freestyle board under at a reasonable price for a 15 year old (I have £300 but it's my birthday in October) Will prices go down over the off season?
Mark J

Unread postby richie » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:52 pm

I'm looking to sell my 110L Skate. It's pretty old now (2004 I think) but its still a decent board. Dunno if its too big for your requirents but I'd be looking for around £150. Give me a shout if you're interested or if you want to have a try on it.
richie

Unread postby richie » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:54 am

I think you really only need a dedicated freestyle board if you are going to try popping and sliding moves etc as they really help with them. If you are going to try carving freestyle more then I reckon a FSW is probably a better bet and will be nicer if you want to venture out in to the waves or lumpy sea. Freestyle boards don't seem to do the carving stuff as well (or maybe it's just me).

Don't worry about the ankle stuff either. I've had a few bumps and bruises learning to vulcan but (touch wood) nothing too serious. If you worry about hurting yourself you would never try anything new and you'd end up in to a bit of a rut. Being 'too old to learn freestyle' is a myth too - I sailed out of my first vulcan a month before my 40th birthday.

HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
richie

Previous

Return to General Discussion