Forum.

New weather station and webcam - Derwent

All things windsurfing!

New weather station and webcam - Derwent

Unread postby jamieedodger » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:14 am

The club has just released a new website, it needs some tweaking but they've also rigged up a host of weather related stuff (webcam, live weather and archived weather). As I say, it looks like it needs some work doing to it to get it 100% reliable, but it should be useful if/when they get it sorted!

http://www.drsc.co.uk/sailing/weather.html

See links along the right hand side

Edit: Ahaa, see you just discussed it viewtopic.php?p=3232#p3232
jamieedodger

Boffin needed??

Unread postby johnw » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:39 am

Looks like the weather station hasn't updated current data since 27th July - anyone any ideas why not? Also, when I visit the "live weather gauge" page I get a warning message saying that my browser does not support HTML5....I'm using XP/IE8.
johnw

Re: New weather station and webcam - Derwent

Unread postby jamieedodger » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:32 pm

I noticed that, hopefully the site administrator knows - you can contact Calum here drsccouk@drsc.co.uk or webmaster@drsc.co.uk

The live weather guage page has never worked - must be in progress, it gives me a message something like "problem, couldn't obtain data". But the message you get sounds like your browser is out of date, try either updating it (current version is 10) or download a better browser, try Google Chrome... https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/
jamieedodger

Unread postby johnw » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:49 pm

I've been on Windows update site Jamie and Microsoft seem to think I'm up to date.....maybe you can't run anything higher than IE8 on XP?
johnw

Unread postby jamieedodger » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:05 pm

I think you might be right John. I would get either chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Internet explorer has always been slated for its speed and being vulnerable so you should see an improvement if you went for either chrome or Firefox.
jamieedodger

Return to General Discussion